Sunday, August 14, 2011

Help Needed: Lentils

OK... quick question here and slightly off topic...  I know it's been a few days, and I have a few posts that I just need to type up and I'll get on here...  But I need insight/help here.

As I mentioned, I am trying to lose weight.  I've been tracking numerous nutrients and noticed I tend to be below my recommended amount for fiber.  So, my wonderful hubby bought lentils.

I had them for the first time today.  Maybe it was because I had the texture envisioned as being like peas.  But they were NOT smooshy like peas.  And he even said he cooked them longer than he should have...  They were, perhaps, one of the most disgusting foods I've ever eaten.

Anyone out there know any good ways to get lentils in food without having to really taste them?  (BTW - I'm really not a huge veggie person...)  I would really appreciate it.  I know these can be healthy, but unless they taste better, I am NOT eating them again... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment