Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hi There!

Hey there, everyone!!

So here I am... Attempting another blog! :-)

I'm hoping to use this blog to bring all of you into my baking world (although we may have another crafty-and-such-blog-posts in there too!), as I try new things and try to spread my wings out from under others.

I've just recently gotten into cake decorating. However, I am also trying to lose weight. This is the baker's nightmare! LOL So I have all of the fun gadgets and just want to put them to use!

I'm married to a great man, Jonathan. He cooks FANTASTIC meals. However, he doesn't do the baking thing. He tries - hard... But the flexibility that can make a great cook (a little of this...a little of that... change the temperature... etc), doesn't always make a great baker. This was made evident the other night when he tried to make refrigerator dough chocolate chip cookies...but put them in at 440 with the roast he was making... While he cut down the cook time, the extra 75-degrees burnt the bottom of the cookies! I always say that with him cooking and me baking, we are able to take care of all of the food categories! LOL

I also have 2 cats, Meira & Mycella. They definitely make life interesting. One of my baking endeavors 2 Christmases ago was to bake kitty treats for all of our friends and family with cats...complete with a handpainted Michaels book-shape box that we put all of them in. Our cats loved the raw dough (mainly of the tuna & something else balls). None of the cats loved anything once they were baked.

Well... I hope to be back here often posting all the nifty things I can come up with!!

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment